What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Latinx students are the fastest-increasing demographic of new students among all racial and ethnic groups, increasing to about 36 percent in 2017 from 22% in 2000.
- How nearly one-third of first-generation students drop out within three years, compared to 14 percent of students whose parents hold a degree
- How 36 percent of today’s higher education students classify as housing-insecure, while 9 percent are homeless
- What steps higher ed institutions can take to help support these diverse student demographics
- How to reach out to underperforming and at-risk students and bring awareness about your programs
- Why diversity isn’t just about attracting certain students but also about hiring representative faculty and staff