Prior to coming to Up&Up, Eric managed search engine marketing for one of the largest agricultural e-commerce sites in the country. He heads up all content and search-related strategies and is constantly building new ways to measure success for clients like Columbia University, North Greenville University, Clemson University, Virginia Tech, UNC Wilmington, and Campbell University.
Eric is also our resident musician, a talent he uses weekly as the lead guitarist at his church. He and his wife, Heather, are helping to plant a new church in Greenwood, South Carolina. They strive to pour into the Greenwood community through love and service. They are not alone in this desire, their three children love to help people and see joy in everything and everyone.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Eric feels passionate about marketing in the higher education space, and where he feels he has made the most significant impact
- How Eric was able to help North Greenville University triple their conversion rates, improve their landing pages, and understand digital marketing’s role for the institution
- Why understanding your target market and narrowing your focus is vital for a successful digital marketing strategy and great conversion rates
- What strategies Eric suggests for collecting and analyzing data and using that data to better target your digital message
- Why it’s critical to set clear, specific goals and benchmarks, and why Google Analytics is an invaluable and flexible tool
- Why Eric recommends paid search as one of the best returns-on-investment for a minimal budget
- Why paid search results are equally as important as organic results, and how the two can work in tandem to strengthen your presence
- Why social campaigns tend to work better for brand awareness than for conversions, despite common expectations to the contrary
- Why experimentation and testing different channels helps you see where you will find your best results
- Why you should measure campaign success in months rather than weeks, and why you must plan ahead
- Website: https://www.upandup.agency
- 6 Reasons Universities Need a Digital Marketing Strategy: https://www.upandup.agency/digital-marketing/6-reasons-universities-need-a-digital-marketing-strategy