Jaren Wilt serves as the Associate Director of Marketing at Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity. In his role, he oversees the organization’s digital marketing strategy and branding efforts. Prior to joining Lambda Chi full-time, he also served in a variety of roles as an intern in both the communications and chapter support departments.
He’s held this position since he graduated from Ball State University with a bachelor’s degree in marketing in 2018. Jaren developed a passion for higher ed and marketing through his roles as a Resident Assistant, Freshman Orientation Leader, and a Marketing Intern for the Ball State Foundation. He used this passion to help lead the development of a student-led social media marketing agency that operated out of the Ball State Center for Advancement of Digital Marketing and Analytics. He also supported the Advisory Council for the Ball State Miller College of Business.
Outside of work, Jaren is an avid sports fan. He plans his weekends around attending Pacers, Colts, Cubs or Indiana University sporting events with his family and friends.
Michael Covert serves as the Director of Information Technology at Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity. In his role, he oversees the IT infrastructure and strategy for the organization’s technology deployment. Prior to his current role at Lambda Chi, he also served as the Educational Leadership Consultant, Information Systems Analyst, and Database and Advancement Services Coordinator for the Educational Foundation.
Michael started this role after graduating from Southeast Missouri State University with a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology with an emphasis in Computer Networking. He developed a passion for computers at a young age by working on computers with his mother.
Outside of work, Michael is a Freemason and loves to play trivia. He also enjoys spending time with friends and family and streaming TV shows and movies.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Jaren and Mike started in their careers and what they currently do for Lambda Chi Alpha
- How fraternities need to evolve, and what important role Greek Life plays in the members’ development of life skills and collegiate success
- How Lambda Chi Alpha helps give chapter members the opportunity to run a small business through a new initiative
- How participating in Greek Life benefits students, and how Lambda Chi differentiates itself to create a unique experience
- How Lambda Chi works to provide mental health resources and education for its members, and what key partnerships the organization has created to support that goal
- How Lambda Chi works to provide value to members and alumni at all stages of life with a unified, intergenerational resource
- Why the perception that Greek Life as a 40-hour a week commitment is incorrect, and why it’s important to encourage diversity
- Why fraternities and sororities must focus on outreach growth
- Why people should think of Lambda Chi as a leadership organization and support network rather than as a fraternity
- How the fraternity’s ChopTalk podcast shares their ideas and values
- Why it’s important to challenge norms and why it’s not important to be the most popular person in the room