Ron is the founder, CEO, and Creator of Wow for Think Up Consulting, a management consulting company based in Greenville, South Carolina. The firm specializes in brand strategy, events, learning, and change management for Fortune 500 companies.
With nearly 30 years of experience in consulting, learning, and business operations, Ron is an expert at bringing brands to life by connecting people to brand strategy and culture. He has a knack for understanding the issues organizations often face. This knowledge helps him and his team design, develop, and implement innovative solutions that broaden employee skills, advance change, and drive business results. The Think Up client list includes esteemed companies such as Marriott International, BMW Manufacturing, Sunrise Senior Living, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, Fluor, and Michelin.
Prior to Think Up, Ron spent 14 years with Marriott International. He’s held leadership positions in hotel operations, information systems, and training and development. Ron has led major change initiatives that have realigned global brand cultures and customer service strategies, transformed company learning philosophies and practices, and propelled hundreds of thousands of employees forward. He holds a Master of Arts in Organizational Management.
Katie Tyson is passionate about strategy that drives business results. As Think Up Consulting’s “Strategic Steward,” she uses her extensive experience in leading global brands to help clients reach their fullest potential. A brand enthusiast, from her early days of working on political campaigns and in public relations, to her more recent endeavors leading billion-dollar brands for Fortune 500 companies, she has always had a passion for figuring out what customers want and how to best deliver on their needs.
Before joining Think Up, Katie spent 20 years working with companies of all sizes, including leading global brands like Residence Inn by Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, and The Coca-Cola Company’s DASANI. Her expertise helped drive market share and customer and consumer satisfaction. She has repositioned brands, spearheaded new product development, reinvigorated service cultures, and led brand globalization efforts.
Katie earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science at Boston College and a Master in Business Administration at the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Ron and Katie’s career journeys taught them the importance of creating a brand experience, and how they bring that knowledge to their work at Think Up Consulting
- What early steps you may take to begin creating a brand experience at your higher ed institution
- Why it’s important to create a lasting emotional connection that builds brand loyalty, and why consistency matters
- How to train and create advocates for your brand within the institution, and why that helps ensure your brand experience’s strength
- How to beat the challenge of high turnover and create a culture of consistency and brand identification in your teams
- How great companies (and higher ed institutions) differentiate themselves, and why hiring for talent and training for skill builds a great team
- How to avoid mistakes through strong alignment and confidence in your decisions, and how to overcome previous brand-damaging mistakes
- Why you must position your brand, and why you should stick to a five or seven-year plan and not deviate