Stephen is the founder and CEO of Predictive ROI, a digital marketing agency, and the host of Onward Nation—a top-rated daily podcast for learning how today’s top business owners think, act, and achieve. Onward Nation is listened to in 120 countries around the world.
Stephen is the author of three books, including the #1 bestseller, “Profitable Podcasting,” and his digital marketing insights have been featured in Forbes.com, Entrepreneur.com, The Washington Post, and Inc. Magazine.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Stephen feels a close connection to higher ed thanks to values he learned from his immigrant grandfather and from his time at the University of Wisconsin at La Crosse
- Why it is important to remember that any higher education institution is still a business with similar marketing and financial needs to any other kind of business
- What role Stephen played in his role as Business Education Outreach Coordinator at the University of Wisconsin in raising funds and “keeping the lights on”
- Why it is vital to understand the needs of your “customer” and meet those needs, even within higher education, and how doing so can open new opportunities
- How Stephen and the University of Wisconsin built up their professional development offerings, and how he got buy-in from across the university for the program
- Why Stephen defines marketing as recognizing a customer’s problems and engineering a solution that is priced correctly
- How principles from data collection and digital marketing in the corporate world can be used for and applied to higher ed marketing
- Why higher education institutions often put more thought into the construction of new facilities than into their marketing, even though marketing deserves as much attention
- Why immediate marketing results aren’t necessary unless there are deep, systemic problems at the university
- Why measuring return on investment means understanding and defining your goals, and why everyone needs to be on the same page when adjusting success metrics
- Website: www.theundeclaredpodcast.com