Welcome to Undeclared, the podcast that explores many of the challenges facing higher ed across the U.S. We do this by talking with today’s higher leaders and learning what works, what doesn’t and the why behind it all. You’ll hear research on trends and habits, like Gen Z and today’s prospective students, equipping you with the ability to effect change for your institution.
Higher education has seen its fair share of challenges and that continues on. To name a few, our clients and peers deal with budget constraints and cuts, lack of awareness, decreasing enrollment, declining prospective student populations in many parts of our country, slimming internal resource allocations, the ongoing debates around higher ed’s ROI, more competition from non-traditional programs and degree options, not to mention the changing student landscape as a whole.
One reason that compelled the launch of this podcast is our true passion to help colleges and universities present their brand in an authentic, and meaningful way. By doing so we can help ensure that every student knows that they are at the perfect institution for them and that is really what we are all about.
This podcast is for anyone within the higher education space that wants to learn, individuals who want to better understand where their institution has potential in the marketplace right now, and what they can do to continually move it forward in a positive direction. It is for listeners who lead universities and educational programs that need to cultivate a vision for their institution. It is also for those who want to challenge where they are today so they can become their best versions for tomorrow. We know that education is critical for everyone to become the best version of themselves. As we all know, an educated planet is a better place for everyone.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Topics the Undeclared podcast series will be covering and what content you can expect in future episodes
- Research that will be introduced on the show, including current research on Generation Z and prospective future students
- Strategies that listeners can use to make an impact and create change in their own higher education institutions
- Challenges that higher education institutions face today, including budget obstacles, program cuts, lowered enrollment, resource allocation and others
- Exciting changes that are happening right now in the world of higher education all across America
- How Scott’s undergraduate experience met his own needs and allowed him the opportunity to thrive
- How Allison struggled to make choices about her higher education, and why Allison and Scott want to help students make the right choices for themselves
- Who the podcast is for, including higher education professionals and for those who are looking to improve the world of higher education and solve the problems of today
Disclaimer: the views and opinions expressed in this podcast and summarized on this website are those of the hosts and/or guests and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency or institution they represent. No statements made on this podcast and/or website are endorsements of Up&Up, our service offerings, or our staff. The participants of Undeclared are all voluntary guests, are not paid, and are not provided any benefits in exchange for their participation or statements.